How information about you is being stored
Laughter Association UK has a strict policy about data handling. We comply with the current Data Protection Act and applicable legislation and will continue to comply with new legislation as it arises.
Laughter Association UK does not share your information with any third parties. The information we hold extends to and does not exceed: name, postal address, email address and telephone number.
Information is stored only for the purposes for which it has been provided which are
- Email enquiries about workshops, training, laughter clubs, other events
Members information is stored for the purpose of
- Setting up member profile with information and pictures as provided by members
- Setting up events based on information provided by members
- Sending our meetings minutes and other relevant information via email to which anyone can unsubscribe at any point in time
Regular checks are made to ensure that information is up-to-date with clear consent and that it is held no longer than necessary. Members who have left are fully removed from listings, databases and email.
We would like to send you information about our own products and services through our monthly newsletter via email. If you consent to being contacted in this way please tick the relevant boxes below. You can at any time, withdraw your consent by contacting us at the address below or by email / telephone.
Cookies and how they benefit you
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
If the settings on your software that you are using to view this website (your browser) are adjusted to accept cookies we take this, and your continued use of our website, to mean that you are fine with this.
More about our Cookies
Website Function Cookies
Our own cookies
- Determining if you are logged in or not
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Visitor Statistics Cookies
This helps us to continuously improve our website.
These so called “analytics” programs also tell us if how people reached this site (e.g. from a search engine) and whether they have been here before helping us to put more money into developing our services for you instead of marketing spend.
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing http://www.attacat.co.uk/, a marketing agency based in Edinburgh. If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool.